Sn0wbreeze 2.0 by iH8sn0w will be arriving tomorrow and works on windows devices just the same as the PwnageTool works for Mac devices.
Allowing you to custom firmware files so that you can upgrade to new firmware without upgrading your baseband. This allows you to use the existing version of Ultrasn0w for unlocking the phone so that you can use it with any carrier you like.
- iPhone 2G
- iPhone 3G
- iPhone 3GS (old bootrom) – Must be already jailbroken. (If you are jailbroken using Spirit or JailbreakMe, use Spirit2Pwn from http://repo.woowiz.net)
- iPhone 3GS (new bootrom) – Must be currently jailbroken on 3.1.2.
- iPod Touch 1G
- iPod Touch 2G (Non-MC Model)
- iPod Touch 2G (MC Model) – Must be currently jailbroken on 3.1.2.
- iPod Touch 3G – Must be currently jailbroken on 3.1.2.
Via Redmond Pie
The iPhone Dev Team has now released an updated Redsn0w jailbreak for the iPhone 3G and iPod Touch 2G for iOS 4.1
Update: 23rd September 2010
The Sn0wbreeze iOS 4.1 jailbreak has been released, full details on what devices it covers at the link below.
Updated 2nd November 2010
The iPhone Dev Team has now released the latest version of redsn0w for iOS 4.1.
Latest Geeky Gadgets Deals
Disclosure: Some of our articles include affiliate links. If you buy something through one of these links, Geeky Gadgets may earn an affiliate commission. Learn more.