Skype 6.0 has been made available this week for both Android and iOS devices and brings with it a new design as well as plenty of new features for users to enjoy.
The new Skype 6.0 application is now available to download and Skype for Android brings with it new features such as custom ringtones, photo sharing, and web link previews.
While the iOS Skype app brings with it a new design for both iPhone and iPad that has been created to make Skype easier to use than ever before on Apple devices. Skype explains more :
Skype 6.0 for Android – Redesigned for Android – Inspired by material design, we’ve made Skype even easier to use on Android phones. It’s simple, elegant, and delightful!
– Floating action button – The floating action button makes it incredibly simple to start a new conversation, whether you’re starting a video call, audio call, chat, or sending a video message.
– Enhanced search – With an upgraded search you can now find your most important contacts and conversations much faster.
– Improved messaging – It’s now quicker to see how many unread messages you have as we’ve made it easier to identify what you’ve read and what you haven’t.
Skype 6.0 for iPhone and iPad – With Skype 6.0 for iPhone and iPad, we’re excited to release our best apps yet. Here is what’s new:
– Redesigned for iPhone and iPad – We’ve redesigned Skype for both iPhone and iPad to make the apps easier to use than ever before. The new navigation is simple, familiar and gets you to your conversations fast. With Skype 6.0 you can use swipe gestures to quickly make calls and easily manage your messages. We have also made it easier to share photos, web links, emoticons and your location while you’re on a voice or video call.
– Enhanced search – We’ve made it easier to find things in Skype. Simply use the new recents tab to search your messages and find contacts and groups.
– The features you love, now on iPad – All the features you love on Skype for iPhone are on your iPad too. We’ve made messaging on Skype for iPad a whole lot better – you can share your location, send large emoticons, see web link previews and easily send and receive photos. Skype for iPad also helps you stay in touch with your groups – now start a group chat or a group voice call straight from your iPad.
Source: SkypeFiled Under: iPhone Apps, Top News