The Cyanogen OS 12.1 update has now been released and started rolling out over-the-air to users, bringing with it Android 5.1.1 as well as a Stagefright patch and a wealth of new features that include LiveDisplay, calendar integration with email, a new Cyanogen browser and launcher redesign improvements to name a few.
The latest Cyanogen update will be arriving soon on devices of the Andromax Q, Yureka, Yureka Plus, and Yuphoria, as each device goes through an approval and certification process.
For this release, our main focus was on improving stability and performance across the board, but it doesn’t stop there. While we’d love to extol the virtues of 12.1 in a lengthy opening paragraph, you probably just want the juicy parts—so here we go…
What’s new in Cyanogen 12.1:
– Smarter Screen: LiveDisplay intelligently adjusts your screen based on environmental conditions.
– Calendar Together with Email: Enjoy the latest Boxer powered experience where you can seamlessly share your availability and schedule appointments.
– Cyanogen Browser: The new Cyanogen browser delivers search results and loads web sites faster and more securely than leading browsers.
– Redesigned Launcher: App Drawer and Folders have been redesigned for one-handed use.
– Fresh AudioFX: The user interface has been updated for consistency across all devices.
– More Playback support: We’ve substantially increased our support of codecs for video and audio playback.
For more details on everything you ca expect to enjoy within the latest Cyanogen OS 12.1 update jump over to the official website via the link below for full details on every enhancement.
Latest Geeky Gadgets Deals
Disclosure: Some of our articles include affiliate links. If you buy something through one of these links, Geeky Gadgets may earn an affiliate commission. Learn more.