Storage and networking hardware and solutions company QNAP have unveiled their latest QNA-UC5G1T USB 3.0 to 5GbE adapter, which is now available to purchase worldwide from QNAP authorised resellers in the official QNAP website. The new QNAP adapter has been created to enable users to quickly and 5GbE, 2.5GbE, 1GbE and 100MbE connectivity to their computers and NAS via USB 3.0.
“Both home and business users require higher bandwidth to take advantage of high-performance systems and faster internet speeds. The handy QNA-UC5G1T adapter can be easily paired with QNAP’s 10GbE switch to create a high-speed network environment at home or in the office to greatly improve network speed and application performance,” said Jason Hsu, Product Manager of QNAP, adding “the QNA-UC5G1T is also useful for adding Ethernet connectivity to modern laptops that lack in-built network ports.”
Key specifications of the QNAP QNA-UC5G1T USB 3.0 to 5GbE adapter :
– Windows 10, 8.1, 8, 7 requires a driver.
– Current versions of macOS do not support the QNA-UC5G1T. Click here to manually install the Aquantia AQC11U driver.
– Linux: Supports Linux core 3.10, 3.12, 3.2, 4.2, and 4.4. Requires the Aquantia AQC11U driver.
– QNAP NAS: QTS 4.3.6 (or later) is required.
– Controller: AQuantia AQC111U
– I/O: 1 x USB 3.0 Type-C; 1 x 5GbE/NBASE-T port
– 0.2M USB 3.0 Type-C to Type-A cable
Latest Geeky Gadgets Deals
Disclosure: Some of our articles include affiliate links. If you buy something through one of these links, Geeky Gadgets may earn an affiliate commission. Learn about our Disclosure Policy.