If you are interested in learning more about the performance of the $50 NanoPi NEO4 mini PC you will pleased to know that the Tech Republic website has published a full performance review providing insight into what you can expect from the components and hardware.
Originally launched towards the end of 2018 the mini PC is equipped with a Rockchip RK3399 processor supported by 1GB DDR3-1866 RAM and fitted with a Mali-T864 GPU. “The RK3399 system-on-a-chip (SoC) used by the NanoPi NEO4 relies on two sets of CPU cores, a dual-core 2GHz Arm Cortex-A72 paired with a quad-core 1.5GHz Arm Cortex-A53 in a Big.LITTLE configuration, which swaps tasks between cores for greater power efficiency.” In comparison the Raspberry Pi 3 B+ mini PC is equipped with a quad-core 1.4GHz Arm Cortex-A53 processor.
Specifications of the NanoPi NEO4 mini PC include:
– CPU: Model: Rockchip RK3399； Number of Cores: big.LITTLE, 64-bit Dual Core Cortex-A72 + Quad Core Cortex-A53； Frequency: Cortex-A72(up to 2.0GHz), Cortex-A53(up to 1.5GHz)
– GPU: Mali-T864 GPU，supports OpenGL ES1.1/2.0/3.0/3.1, OpenVG1.1, OpenCL, DX11, and AFBC
– VPU 4K VP9 and 4K 10bits H265/H264 60fps decoding, Dual VOP, etc
– DDR3 RAM: 1GB DDR3-1866
– Storage: eMMC: no Onboard eMMC, but has a eMMC socket
– USB Host: USB 3.0*1: USB 3.0 Type-A ports； USB Type-C*1: Supports USB2.0 OTG and Power input； USB 2.0*2: USB 2.0 Host, one is Type-A, the other is 2.54mm header
– WiFi: 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0 combo module
– Antenna Interface: Antenna*1: IPX Connector
– Audio input/output Port Video Input: one 4-Lane MIPI-CSI, up to 13MPix/s； Video Output: HDMI*1: HDMI 2.0a, supports [email protected]，HDCP 1.4/2.
– microSD Slot: MicroSD*1 for external storage up to 128GB
– LED: Power LED(Red)*1；GPIO Controlled LED(Green)*1
– PCB Dimension: 8 Layer；60*45mm
– Power: DC 5V/3A
For a full review on the performance of the NanoPi NEO4 mini PC jump over to the Tech Republic website by following the link below.