NZXT has released a new lighting kit in the form of the HUE 2 which provides everything you need to add ambient lighting to the back of your computer monitor. Available in two configurations, one for 21″ to 25″/34″-35″ UltraWide monitors and one for 26″ to 32″ monitors, the HUE 2 RGB Ambient Lighting Kit adds lighting to your gaming PC for a more immersive in-game experience by projecting the colours from the edges of your display to your walls, as in the image above.
Both the HUE 2 Ambient RGB Lighting Kit V2 (21″-25″, 34″-35″ UltraWide) and HUE 2 Ambient RGB Lighting Kit V2 (26″-32″) are both priced at $99.99 and are now available to purchase throughout the United States and will be arriving in Europe and the rest of the world on April 12th, 2009.
New features of the HUE 2 Ambient RGB Kit V2 include :
– Stronger Adhesive: Upgraded the 3M LED strip adhesive backing tape to be thicker and stickier. It is more compatible with the different surfaces and textures of monitors on the market.
– L-Shape Corner Connector: For easier setup, we replaced the 150mm corner connectors to an L-shape corner connector for the top left and bottom right of your monitor.
– Alcohol Wipes: As your monitor may be dusty or dirty, we added alcohol-based cleaning wipes so you can clean the back of the monitor before adhering the LED strips.
HUE 2 RGB Ambient Lighting Kit features :
– HUE 2 RGB Ambient Lighting controller
– Faster microprocessor enables incredibly smooth lighting effects and virtually instantaneous response changes to colors on the screen in ambient mode
– Multiple LED strips in various lengths, along with easy-to-follow configuration and installation instructions for various monitor sizes and aspect ratios
– AC power adapter
– All necessary cables
– Compatible with all HUE 2 accessories and CAM lighting modes
“The HUE 2 Ambient Lighting Kit uses your walls to visually immerse you in your favorite games or create the perfect mood with ambient RGB lighting from the back of your monitor. Everything you need to easily install and control RGB lighting for your monitor is included. Using CAM’s intuitive interface, you’ll choose from dozens of presets or custom lighting options, and even synchronize your RGB effects across other HUE 2 accessories.”