A new expandable SBC has been unveiled this week by Axiomtek in the form of the Axiomtek CAPA840 that supports dual mini-PCIe, and a “ZIO” connector for I/O modules.
The CAPA840 SBC measures 146 x 104mm in size and is powered by a a quad-core, 1.91GHz Intel Atom E3845 or dual-core, 1.75GHz Atom E3827 Bay Trail processor.
Axiomtek has designed the CAPA840 for applications such as IoT/M2M, industrial control, self-serve terminal, digital signage, POS, and kiosk and the system is fully capable of running a variety of different Linux operating systems.
Specifications listed for the CAPA840 include:
• Processor — Intel Atom E3800 with Intel Gen. 7 Graphics:
◦ E3827 (2x cores @ 1.75GHz with 8W TDP)
◦ E3845 (4x cores @ 1.91GHz with 10W TDP)
◦ Up to 8GB DDR3L-1066/1333SDRAM via 1x SODIMM
◦ mSATA socket
◦ SATA-300 interface
◦ VGA port
◦ LVDS 18/24-bit single/dual channel interface
◦ HDMI port
◦ Dual display support
• Networking — 2x gigabit Ethernet ports with Wake-on-LAN, PXE boot (Intel i211AT)
• Other I/O:
◦ USB 3.0 port
◦ 4x USB 2.0 ports (1x internal)
◦ RS-232/422/485 interface
◦ RS-232 interface
◦ Audio line-out, line-in, mic-in (Realtek ALC662))
◦ 8x DIO
◦ 2x Mini-PCIe (with USB and mSATA)
◦ ZIO expansion connector (with PCIe x1, USB, LPC, SMBus); optional ZIO modules include:
▪ 4x COM ports and a mini-PCIe slot
▪ 2x COM ports and 32-bit programmable DIO
▪ 2x COM ports and 2x gigabit Ethernet ports
• Other features — Watchdog; HW monitoring
• Operating temperature — -20 to 70°C
• Power — +12 to 24VDC input (2×2 connector); AT auto power on; Lithium 3V/220mAH battery
• Dimensions — 146 x 104 x 1.6mm; 3.5-inch form-factor
Raspberry Pi enthusiasts may also be interested in our essential guide to Raspberry Pi displays and HATS.
Source: Linux Gizmos
Latest Geeky Gadgets Deals
Disclosure: Some of our articles include affiliate links. If you buy something through one of these links, Geeky Gadgets may earn an affiliate commission. Learn about our Disclosure Policy.