Tabletop gamers may be interested in a new digital, interactive, touchscreen tabletop board gaming surface created by The Last Gameboard. The Gameboard-1 has been designed to offer a portable interactive console allowing you to access your full tabletop game library and use smart physical pieces to provide further immersion via the touch sensitive screen. Watch the demonstration video below to learn more about the interactive table top surface which is launched via Kickstarter this week and is now available from $349 or roughly £274.
“Designed for gamers, streamers, families, game stores and libraries, and anyone who loves playing games with others, Gameboard-1 merges physical and digital tabletop gaming to enhance your play and let everyone focus on what matters: having a great time! Gameboard-1 is a technology device and a platform that will change the way we play games together — a device to teach new players faster, digitize set-up and scorekeeping, access an unlimited-play game library and allow users to try new games before they buy… all while maintaining the crucial physicality between players and pieces! “
if the Kickstarter campaign is successful and manufacturing progresses smoothly worldwide shipping is expected to take place during December 2020. Features of the Gameboard-1 include :
– Patented Sense Screen — interact directly with real physical gaming pieces, any shape or size, as many as the board can fit, with or without batteries
– Smart pieces – read data directly from your game pieces (like D&D character stats!)
– Mobile control – control and interact with the board directly from your mobile device
– Four-hour battery – take your game on the road, then plug back in for non-stop play
– Wireless sync with other boards – automatically connect for a larger table
– Game library – buy and own individual games, or subscribe for everything!