Now that the new Valve HTC Vive virtual reality headset has started shipping out to those that quick enough to pre-order in the first few hours of it being made available. Consumers are now able to get a taste of what the new Vive VR experiences is like and plenty of demonstration videos are now being published online.
A few such videos have been created by the virtual reality website Road To VR demonstrating inside Valves “The Lab” immersive experience check out the four videos created by the team embedded below
If you are lucky to already own a virtual reality headset then you can jump over to the Steam games network and download your copy of The Lab. Set in a pocket universe of Aperture Science, The Lab offers a wide range of VR experiences, all in one application, including :
– Slingshot : Begin your career as a Calibration Trainee by recklessly destroying everything in the Aperture Storage Annex using the Core Calibration slingshot.
– Longbow : Use your archery skills to defend your noble castle gate from a rampaging but adorable and equally noble horde of attackers.
– Xortex : Are you a bad enough dude to become a Xortex ace? Relive the golden era of gaming — only this time, it’s all around you.
– Postcards : Visit exotic, far-off locales from the comfort of your own head.
– Human Medical Scan : Explore the intricate beauty of the human body through a highly detailed model created from a series of CT medical scans.
– Solar System : Why watch shows about the vast majesty of space when you jump in and see it for yourself? Have educational space-fun while putting Neil Degrasse-Tyson out of business.
– Robot Repair : Can you repair a robot? Good, because Aperture Science’s Human Diversity Outreach Program is now hiring.
– Secret Shop : The fantasy equivalent of a twenty-four-hour convenience store is now open for business! Peruse artifacts, shop for familiars and cast a spell or two at Dota’s Secret Shop!
Latest Geeky Gadgets Deals
Disclosure: Some of our articles include affiliate links. If you buy something through one of these links, Geeky Gadgets may earn an affiliate commission. Learn about our Disclosure Policy.