Raspberry Pi enthusiasts searching for LCD displays for the next Pi project may be interested to know that 4D Systems has announced the immediate availability of its gen4-4DPI series of LCD display modules specifically designed to support the Raspberry Pi family of single board computersAnd will start shipping in early July 2018
The Raspberry Pi display modules are available for the Raspberry Pi A+, B+, 3, Zero and Zero W with resistive or capacitive touch control options depending on your application and requirements. The displays of also been designed to be powered directly from the rise reply eliminating the need for any extra external power supplies.
The gen4-4Dpi display modules are available in three screen sizes – 4.3, 5.0 and 7.0 inch and connect to the Raspberry Pi through a 30 pin FPC cable and an adapter board that conforms to the Raspberry Pi expansion header pin-out and Pi’s HAT device identification standard. Specifications include:
– Universal Primary Display for the Raspberry Pi
– Compatible with Raspberry Pi A+, B+, Pi2, Pi3, Pi Zero and Pi Zero W
– 480×272 Resolution (4.3”)
– 800×480 Resolution (5.0” & 7.0”)
– TFT Screen with integrated 4-wire Resistive Touch Panel (T), or Capacitive Touch Panel (CT)
– Display GUI output / primary output, just like a monitor connected to the Raspberry Pi
– High Speed 48MHz SPI connection to the Raspberry Pi, featuring SPI compression technology
– Typical frame rate of 20 Frames per second (FPS) – 4.3”, or 7 Frames per second (5” & 7”), higher if image can be compressed further by the kernel. Lower if no compression is possible
– Powered directly off the Raspberry Pi, no external power supply is required
– On board EEPROM for board identification, following the HAT standard
If you enjoy building Pi projects you might be interested in our comprehensive list of Raspberry Pi displays, HATS and small screens.
Source: 4D Systems
Latest Geeky Gadgets Deals
Disclosure: Some of our articles include affiliate links. If you buy something through one of these links, Geeky Gadgets may earn an affiliate commission. Learn more.