KAM Lab based in las Vegas has created a new programmable single-channel DC power supply for electronic projects that is available to back from just $65.
Watch the video below to learn more about this unique power supply that has launched over on Kickstarter looking to raise $36,200 in finding to go into manufacture.
The DC One unit is an interlocking, programmable, single-channel DC power supply that can be powered by either a battery or an AC/DC adapter. The DC One unit is an ideal power source for developer or hobbyist projects such as Arduino or Raspberry Pi powered devices. The DC One is designed to provide highly efficient operation, even with higher load current requirements.
The DC One unit is built with high quality, time-proven components from top-level vendors. Its manufacturing process includes a full cycle of low, medium and high load unit testing. The DC One is also equipped an LED and beeper-equipped alarm to provide both visual and audible warning in the event of an overload.
Features and specifications include :
• Input voltage, 2.7…15V
• Output voltage, 2.5…14V
• Max continuous current, 2.5A at 5V
• Control via USB and serial (with Bluetooth or USB-UART modules)
• USB connection, miniUSB
• Size: 1.77 x 0.97 x 3.34 inches (45 x 24.75 x 85 mm)
• UART interface for Bluetooth: logic levels – 3.3V, power supply – 5V
• Adjustable output current limit (this mode allows DC One to act as a current source to drive LEDs, etc.)
• Measuring: input voltage, output voltage, output current
• Indicating and signals: status LED (work/error), buzzer (overload/overheat)
• Reverse polarity and surge protection on input
• Output short circuit and overvoltage protection
• Thermal shutdown
• ESD protection on all digital inputs and outputs
Latest Geeky Gadgets Deals
Disclosure: Some of our articles include affiliate links. If you buy something through one of these links, Geeky Gadgets may earn an affiliate commission. Learn more.