Gigabyte has created a tiny motherboard in the form of the GA-PICO3350, offering the company smallest motherboard to date measuring 100mm x 72mm the size. The motherboard is powered by an embedded Intel Celeron N3350 dual-core “Apollo Lake” processor that draws 6watts of power and are supported by a DDR3L SODIMM slot for laptop style memory, together with an mSATA/mini PCIe slot for storage.
Even though the GA-PICO3350 motherboard is roughly the same size as a Raspberry Pi mini PC the ARM-based processor and embedded memory on the Raspberry Pi provide much more power when compared to the Gigabyte motherboard.
“The Intel Celeron N3350 Dual-Core processor is the latest system on chip (SoC) from Intel, combining CPU, graphics and memory controller in one package. Based on the 14nm manufacturing process, the Intel Celeron N3350 uses the smallest package of any desktop processor within a low thermal envelope of on 6 watts. The Intel Celeron N3350 boasts excellent performance including DX12 on Intel HD Graphics, plus a dedicated HEVC decoder for smooth HD video playback.”
Specifications of the GA-PICO3350 include
– Intel Celeron N3350 Apollo lake SoC Processor
– Supports Single Channel DDR3L 1600/1866MHz
– 1 x SO-DIMM, up to 8GB system memory
– 1 x HDMI, 1 x Dual Channel 24-bit LVDS
– 2 x USB 3.0, 2 x USB 2.0, 1 x SATA3
– 1 x mini-PCIe, co-lay with mSATA
– Gigabit LAN : 1 x Realtek Lan
– 1 x TPM2.0 Module IC onboard
– 12 V DC-in
– PICO ITX 2.5 inch Single board Computer (100 mm x 72 mm)
Latest Geeky Gadgets Deals
Disclosure: Some of our articles include affiliate links. If you buy something through one of these links, Geeky Gadgets may earn an affiliate commission. Learn more.