If you are searching for an affordable way to monitor the energy usage throughout your home you may be interested in the Split Single-phase energy meter recently launched via the Crowd Supply online store. Offering an affordable, accurate, remote energy monitoring device for your entire home.
The development team about CircuitSetup based in Philadelphia has created a real-time energy monitor that can function independently of your main power utility metre and can be easily connected to any wireless microcontroller such as a ESP8266, or ESP32.To transmit energy data into a program like EmonCMS.
The small energy monitoring board can also be used to monitor solar systems to keep track of how much power you are generating from the sun. “It uses safe current transformer clamps to sample current – no AC wiring is required.” Possible applications for the Split Single-phase Energy Meter include :
– See exactly how much money you’re spending on energy in real time
– Find appliances that are using too much electricity
– Calculate energy usage for a single room to divide an energy bill fairly among roommates
View & Gather Energy Data
– View the energy usage of your entire home
– Track solar power generation (two units required)
– Calculate how much it costs to charge your electric vehicle
– Remote energy monitoring for vacation or rental properties
– Review and graph historical energy data
– Independent of your power utility’s meter
– Set up alerts for over- or under-usage
– Prevent surprises on energy bills
– View usage data in the EmonCMS Android or iOS apps
– Automate notifications with your home automation system like “send my phone a message when the dryer is done”, or even “if I leave the house, and the oven is on, send me an alert” (programming required)
Spend less on energy monitoring hardware!
– Affordable but very accurate
– Save hundreds over popular monitoring systems
For more details on purchasing options over to the official Crowd Supply project page by following the link below.
Source: Crowd Supply