EIZO has this week launched a new addition to their range of desktop displays with the launch of the EIZO FlexScan EV2780 which comes equipped with USB Type-C connectivity.
The new 27-inch screen is equipped with an LED-backlit IPS LCD panel offering users a resolution of 2560 x 1440 pixels and 178 degree viewing angles. Together with a brightness of 350 cd/m2 and 1000:1 contrast ratio.
The included USB Type-C port allows a single cable to transmits video, audio, and USB signals up to speeds of 5 Gbps. The FlexScan EV2780 can also supply up to 30 watts of power for recharging notebook PCs and other devices via the USB Type-C port, eliminating the need for separate power cables. Features of the EIZO FlexScan EV2780 include :
– One DisplayPort and one HDMI input terminal
– Dual one-watt internal speaker and a headphone jack
– Ergonomic stand with 155 mm height adjustment, 40° tilt (5° down, 35° up), 344° swivel 90° pivot for portrait mode
– Flicker-free viewing at all brightness levels
– sRGB, Movie, Paper, and two user-adjustable preset modes.
– 23 watts of power during typical use and zero watts of power consumed when the main power switch is off
– Overdrive circuit with 5 ms gray-to-gray response time for smooth display of moving images
– Energy Star 7 and TCO Certified Displays 7 compliance
– Five-year warranty and six-month guarantee against bright pixels from purchase date
Newly-developed EIZO proprietary software called Screen InStyle lets users assign a preset mode to applications and adjust the circadian dimming and power settings. The settings can be applied to all monitors in a multi-monitor setup eliminating the need to adjust each monitor manually. A server app for Screen InStyle allows an administrator to control the settings of all EV2780 units in an installation from a central location. This is especially helpful for enterprises that want to ensure all units are adjusted properly and the power-save settings are activated.
Unfortunately no information on pricing or worldwide availability has been released as yet EIZO, but as soon as information comes to light we will keep you updated as always.
Source: TPUFiled Under: Displays News, Top News