If you are looking for a Raspberry Pi or Arduino project to keep you busy this weekend or through the winter months. You may be interested in this awesome Raspberry Pi powered chess computer which has been created by modifying an existing wooden chessboard.
As you might have already guessed the chessboard uses reed switch piece recognition and LED move indicators to help the game progress and the moves to be recorded as they are made by the computer and player.
Watch the video below to learn more about how you can create your very own Raspberry Pi chess computer. Features of the Raspberry Pi chess set computer include the ability to play chess by moving pieces and the computer signaling its move by using by flashing an LED :
▪ Stockfish chess engine with a maxiimum rating of GM with an ELO level around 2900
▪ 21 levels of play
▪ Set personality: agressiveness and cowardice
▪ Play as black or white
▪ Play human vs human
▪ Validates moves against full moves of chess, signals error & allows re-move
▪ Recognises and makes special moves: Castling; En Passent, Pawn Promotion
▪ Provides hint if stuck
▪ Option to save game as pgn
Latest Geeky Gadgets Deals
Disclosure: Some of our articles include affiliate links. If you buy something through one of these links, Geeky Gadgets may earn an affiliate commission. Learn about our Disclosure Policy.