Engineers, makers and developers using a wide variety of CNC controlled machinery or projects including lasers, lathes, milling machines, plasma cutters, water jets and more, may be interested in a new CNC Gcode controller aptly named the Super Gerbil. Watch the demonstration video below to learn more about the controller which is now available to back from AU$199 or roughly US$140.
“The Super Gerbil allows you to automate your tools, and control your own machinery / robots. It’s simultaneous five axis, so it can handle complex automation like CNC mills. And they in turn allow you to turn your awesome custom designs into reality…”
The open source CNC Gcode controller is particularly suitable for applications such as :
– Upgrading the brains of your existing machine. The Super Gerbil provides easy set up for up to five high performance simultaneous axes
– DIY your own at a fraction of the cost – the Super Gerbil as a single unit probably ends up cheaper than a long list of cheap and nasty individual circuits from eBay that you have to work out how to integrate. And it features readily available user-replaceable stepper drivers, so you’ve got plenty of flexibility going forward.
Specifications of the controller include :
– Bluetooth connection to allow easy control through smartphone/tablet
– Everything integrated on the one board. All Opto coupler Inputs, Step drivers, DC motor drivers, MOSFET Output ports are ready. Just hook up your motors, features and limit switches and go
– Open source gcode sender based on UGS
– Dedicated embedded controller (not a PC Operating System that gets locked up)
– Access to future gcode features via firmware upgrades… we even supply the STLink dongle so upgrading is easy
For more details and a full list of all available pledge options jump over to the official Kickstarter campaign page by following the link below.
Source: KickstarterFiled Under: Hardware, Top News