Amazon has today introduced its new indoor/outdoor security camera in the form of the Blink XT2 which can be powered by just two AA batteries for up to 2 years. Offering 1080p HD video and now with two-way talk the smart security camera is now available to preorder priced at $89.99 or $119.99 CAD with free cloud storage and no contracts or monthly fees required. Although a Blink Sync Module is required to use Blink XT2.
The Amazon Blink XT2 door home security camera is available in a variety of bundles offering a camera and Sync Module for $99.99 or $129.99 CAD, a two-cam system for $179.99 or $239.99 CAD, or a three-cam system for $249.99 or $329.99 CAD. All of which are now available to preorder and will start shipping throughout the United States later this month from May 22nd, 2019 onwards. Canadians will need to wait a little longer and can expect to receive their security cameras during the summer months of 2019.
“Two-way talk provides added security by allowing you to have conversations with whomever is at your home. Simply use the microphone talk button in the Blink app to greet guests or scare off bad actors no matter where you are. Blink XT2 will also store your clips for free on the cloud, so you can review or share whenever you want. Additionally, you can use the live view recording feature to capture and save any live streaming events you wish to review or share later. Blink XT2 also works with Alexa for added convenience. Just say, “Alexa, show me the [camera name] to view your livestream on your Echo Spot, Echo Show, or Fire TV.”
“We listened to our customers and delivered a product that not only improves existing standout features such as two-year battery life, but also adds new features like two-way talk and enhanced motion detection to further improve the product experience,” said Peter Besen, GM of Blink. “Starting at $89.99, the all-new Blink XT2 provides an affordable and high-performing option for customers seeking whole-home security and peace of mind.”
Features of the Amazon Blink XT2 security camera include :
– No contracts or monthly fees – Free cloud storage for hundreds of clips stored up to a year.
– Extended battery life – 2 year battery life on two AA lithium batteries with a combination of two-way talk, live view, and motion recording. Double the usage of the XT on a single set of batteries when recording video.
– 2-way audio – Talk to visitors through the Blink app on your smartphone or tablet.
– Customizable motion detection – Use activity zones to choose where motion is detected so you receive the alerts that matter.
– Works with Alexa – View live streams, motion clips, or arm and disarm your camera through select Alexa-enabled devices.
– Day and night coverage – Record and view in up to 1080p HD video during the day and with infrared HD night vision after dark.
– Use indoors/outdoors – Blink XT2 stands up to the elements. Place or mount it inside or outside for whole home security.
– Easy setup – No tools, wiring, or professional installation required.