Belkin has created a self-installed water monitor designed to monitor your water supply allowing you to track water usage as well as be notified if a leak is detected anywhere in your home. The Belkin Phyn Smart Water Assistant is now available to preorder price to $299 and will start shipping on September 25th, 2019. Watch the video below to learn more about the Phyn and how it can provide insights into how each fixture in your home uses water.
Belkin is also working to implement support for Apple’s HomeKit service but this is not available at launch. “From drip leaks to catastrophic bursts and everything in between, Phyn gives you the tools to ensure that your home is watertight. And at the first sign of an issue, Phyn sends SMS or push notifications and can connect you to a local plumber in minutes.”
“No plumber necessary. Turn off the water under your sink, unthread the hot and cold water hoses from the supply lines and insert Phyn’s sensors. Connect the device to Wi-Fi and you are good to go.”
– Turn off water at the main, run Phyn’s Plumbing Check feature and in minutes you can detect a range of hidden flaws like poor seals and pinhole leaks in your water system.
– Get notified before freeze conditions set in, giving you precious time to take action and avoid damage from frozen pipes.
– Track and view your water use daily and monthly and see how your home compares to others. Over time, Phyn learns gives you insights into your water usage down to each fixture.
– Monitor water use and receive leak alerts for up to 6 properties from one account in the Phyn app.
– You shouldn’t have to pay a monthly fee to do your part in saving our water. The Phyn app and all of its features are free and available to download for iOS and Android.
Latest Geeky Gadgets Deals
Disclosure: Some of our articles include affiliate links. If you buy something through one of these links, Geeky Gadgets may earn an affiliate commission. Learn more.