Today the BBC has launched a new BBC Sport widget for “Top Stories” on their mobile application, that can now be installed onto your iOS and Android devices.
The newly added BBC Top Stories widget allows users to read the BBC’s top Sport headlines via the Notification Centre with a single swipe.
Widgets are a feature that has been available on Android devices for some time and was recently adopted by Apple for its iOS mobile operating system, which now supports 3rd party widgets as part of iOS 8. The BBC Sport department explains how to install the widget:
1. Install the latest version of the BBC Sport app
2. Swipe down from the top of the device. Select the “Today” tab
3. Click “Edit” at the bottom of the page
4. Add “BBC Sport Headlines”
5. Click “Done” You will then see the top 3 stories from BBC Sport. When you swipe down to see the widget – the list of stories will automatically update.
For more information on the new BBC Sport widget jump over to the BBC Blog website for details via the link below.
Source: BBCFiled Under: Android News, iPhone Apps, Technology News