It turns out the rumors were correct in the end as Apple has started seeding iOS 7.1 to devices that brings a number of improvements, visual tweaks and features.
Apple launched CarPlay support in the latest iOS 7.1 that give users the ability to connect their iPhone to a CarPlay enabled device. Apple has partnered with a few automotive companies to integrate CarPlay in them. Addition it comes with Touch ID and Siri improvements, support for more languages in Siri, new camera settings and more.
The latest iOS 7.1 also fixed a bug that cause the iOS device to occasionally crash and show the reboot screen with an Apple logo. Finally, the latest update also improves the performance and responsiveness of iPhone 4 running the latest update. Apple also created a site for the latest iOS 7.1 which you can check here.
Here’s the change log for the latest iOS 7.1
- iOS experience designed for the car
- Simply connect your iPhone to a CarPlay enabled vehicle
- Supports Phone, Music, Maps, Messages, and 3rd-party audio apps
- Control with Siri and the car’s touchscreen, knobs, and buttons
- Manually control when Siri listens by holding down the home button while you speak and releasing it when you’re done as an alternative to letting Siri automatically notice when you stop talking
- New, more natural sounding male and female voices for Mandarin Chinese, UK English, Australian English, and Japanese
- Search field above Featured Stations to easily create stations based on your favorite artist or song
- Buy albums with the tap of a button from Now Playing
- Subscribe to iTunes Match on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch to enjoy iTunes Radio ad-free
- Option to display events in month view
- Country specific holidays automatically added for many countries
- Bold font option now includes the keyboard, calculator, and many icon glyphs
- Reduce Motion option now includes Weather, Messages, and multitasking UI animations
- New options to display button shapes, darken app colors, and reduce white point
- New Camera setting to automatically enable HDR for iPhone 5s
- iCloud Keychain support in additional countries
- FaceTime call notifications are automatically cleared when you answer a call on another device
- Fixes a bug that could occasionally cause a home screen crash
- Improves Touch ID fingerprint recognition
- Improved performance for iPhone 4
- Fixes display of Mail unread badge for numbers greater than 10,000
- Continued user interface refinements
The update is rolling out as we speak. Head over to the Settings > General and check for update on your device.