After the recent release of the iOS 11.2 Beta 6 Apple has now released their iOS 11.2 software update to everyone. The update brings a range of new features to the iPhone and iPad and it is now available as an over the air update.
Included in the latest version of Apple’s iOS are some bug fixes, performance improvements and of course a range of new features.
The latest version of iOS comes with Apple Pay Cash. This is a new feature for Apple Pay that lets you send money to family and friend with your iPhone. They can then either withdraw the money to their bank account or spend it using Apple Pay. This feature will only be available in the US at first.
You can install the iOS 11.2 software update on your iPhone or iPad by going to Settings > General > Software update. The update is now available for iOS devices. You can see the full release notes for the update below.
iOS 11.2 release notes:
- iOS 11.2 introduces Apple Pay Cash to send, request and receive money from friends and family with Apple Pay. This update also includes bug fixes and improvements. For information on the security content of Apple software updates, please visit this website.
- Other improvements and fixes:
- Adds support for faster wireless charging on iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus and iPhone X with compatible third-party accessories.
- Introduces three new Live wallpapers for iPhone X.
- Improves video camera stabilization.
- Adds support in Podcasts to automatically advance to the next episode from the same show.
- Adds support in HealthKit for downhill snow sports distance as a data type.
- Fixes an issue that could cause Mail to appear to be checking for new messages even when a download is complete.
- Fixes an issue that could cause cleared Mail notifications from Exchange accounts to reappear.
- Improves stability in Calendar.
- Resolves an issue where Settings could open to a blank screen.
- Fixes an issue that could prevent swiping to Today View or Camera from the Lock Screen.
- Addresses an issue that could prevent Music controls from displaying on the Lock Screen.
- Fixes an issue that could cause app icons to be arranged incorrectly on the Home Screen.
- Addresses an issue that could prevent users from deleting recent photos when iCloud storage is exceeded.
- Addresses an issue where Find My iPhone sometimes wouldn’t display a map.
- Fixes an issue in Messages where the keyboard could overlap the most recent message.
- Fixes an issue in Calculator where typing numbers rapidly could lead to incorrect results.
- Addressed an issue where the keyboard could respond slowly.
- Adds support for real-time text (RTT) phone calls for the deaf and hard of hearing.
- Improves VoiceOver stability in Messages, Settings, App Store and Music.
- Resolves an issue that prevented VoiceOver from announcing incoming Notifications.
Source 9 to 5 MacFiled Under: Apple, Apple iPad, Apple iPhone