Keeping your 3D printing filament in tip-top condition can sometimes be a little tricky if you are continually using and storing a variety of different filaments. One 3D printing filament storage solution worth more investigation has been created by Storme Technologies and is aptly named the SpoolBoss.
The open source 3D printing filament storage and management system as this week launched via Kickstarter to raise the required funds needed to take the design into production. Watch the demonstration video below to learn more about the SpoolBoss which is now available to back with early bird pledges available from $369 or roughly £283. If all goes well worldwide shipping is expected to take place before the end of the year. “With SpoolBoss 6.0 you can store, protect, and dry your 3D printing materials to ensure high quality prints, better resolution, less clogs, less jams and less 3D printer problems.”
“With the SpoolBoss 6.0 there will be no more messy desks or bench-tops. No more need to run filament on a wire rack or open-air system that can get tangled or stuck over time. No more absorbing moisture into your filament because you print in a humid or damp garage, basement “Man Cave” or outdoor shop. No more getting your filaments in the hands of those who shouldn’t touch it. No more need for multiple spools or racks to house and organise your filaments!”
Specifications include :
– Approximate Dimensions: 11.375″ X 12.625″ X 24.5″
– Temperature Readout (C and F configurable)
– Humidity Readout (as a percentage)
– 5VDC Electronic Humidity Control via on-board thermoelectric dehumidifier (Range between 60-25% without heater option, less than 25% with heater option)
– On-board Hygrometer Calibration
– 12 VDC, 100 Watt Heater Control (Room temp. to 180 degrees F) with 12 VDC circulating Fan (HT or Pro units only)
– Door lock for limited entry into the enclosure
– Tempered, durable, scratch resistant glass
– Powder Coated Enclosure
– Magnetically sealed enclosure to eliminate moisture penetration
– Upgraded components on the Pro version (black anodized aluminum extrusion and black anodized hardware)
– Adjustable Mosaic Manufacturing Palette+ and scroll wheel mount system (for existing Palette users)
– Approximately five (5) meters of Capricorn PTFE tubing supplied with each unit for appropriate configuration of filament to your specific printer
– Adjustable filament mount system for various spool sizes
– Filament Storage for up to six (6) standard, full-Size 1 Kg (2.2lb) spools
For more details and a complete list of all available pledge options jump over to the official Kickstarter campaign page by following the link below.
Latest Geeky Gadgets Deals
Disclosure: Some of our articles include affiliate links. If you buy something through one of these links, Geeky Gadgets may earn an affiliate commission. Learn about our Disclosure Policy.