Fancy making your own geeky clock? Then check out this cool Tube Clock Kit, that lets you make your very own geeky clock built around a Russian display tube.
It certainly looks like a cool clock and it features a cool glowing blue tube with 8 digits and an alarm on/off dot, check out the full specifications below.
- Cool glowing blue tube with 8 digits and alarm on/off dot
- Adjustable brightness
- Alarm with volume adjust
- Precision watch crystal keeps time with under 20ppm (0.0002%) error (< 2 seconds a day)
- Clear plastic enclosure protects clock from you and you from clock
- Battery backup will let the clock keep the time for up to 2 weeks without power
- Selectable 12h or 24h display
- Displays day and date
- 10 minute snooze
- Integrated boost converter so it can run off of standard DC wall adapters, works in any country regardless of mains power
- Great for desk or night table use, the clock measures 4.9″ x 2.9″ x 1.3″ (12.5cm x 7.4cm x 3.3cm)
- Completely open source hardware and software, ready to be hacked and modded!
If you want to make your own, Tube Clock Kit is available for $70 from Ladyada.
via Hacked GadgetsFiled Under: Design News, DIY Projects, Gadgets News