Witcher fans will be please to know that the highly anticipated Witcher 3 HD Reworked Project mod will be officially launching later this month and will be available to download on July 17th, 2019. Check out the announcement trailer below to learn more about The Witcher 3 mod which aims to improve the graphics by reworking models and textures to a higher quality while still preserving the original style.
“How much does this modification hit performance? It mainly depends on your video card, but generally modification doesn’t hit performance too much. Modification requires minimum a 2GB VRAM for smooth gameplay. For best results 3GB is recommended. Possible decrease in fps are 0-5 which depend on pc spec, game settings and in game location. On GTX 970/AMD R9 290X and higher there should be no fps drop. Also in some cases, modification can give smoother gameplay.”
Features of the Witcher 3 mod include :
– Very high quality detailed textures with great sharpness and performance, without any unnecessary VRAM losses (no unnecessary big textures for small stuff)
– Very high quality accurate normal maps, almost all is baked from high poly meshes, these normals combined with detail normal-maps, giving amazing look with almost any performance hit!
– High quality meshes with a lot of details, most of them are created from scratch, good optimisation is preserved
– Better objects LODs ( Level of Detail), rendering distance of some objects are slightly increased
– Specially customised materials for all reworked stuff
– Keeping everything in vanilla game style
Source: Nexus :