If you are building a project that needs to control stepper motors wirelessly you might be interested in a new piece of hardware created by the team at Good Robotics which takes the form of the aptly named Wi-Fi Stepper. watch the demonstration video below to learn more about the features of the module which is perfect for Internet of Things, robotics, home automation and other projects. The Wi-Fi Stepper module is now available to purchase priced from $59.
“Wi-Fi Stepper is a feature-packed, easy-to-use, stepper motor controller accessible over Wi-Fi. It can handle small to big stepper motors under high current. You can send crypto-secured commands over Wi-Fi from a computer, phone, or any other platform. Integration with other controllers is possible using the step clock and direction input pins. Wi-Fi Stepper makes controlling a stepper motor easy and productive.”
– Stepper driver: powerSTEP01
– NEMA preset profiles: 11, 17, 23, 34, 42
– Maximum speed: 4500 RPM
– Operating modes: both current (charge pump) and voltage (PWM)
– Boards chainable for simultaneous multiple motor control
– Current control down to 1/16 microstepping with high hold torque
– Voltage control down to 1/128 microstepping and smooth motion with low noise
– Safety features (current/voltage/thermal shutdowns)
– Advanced speed profiles (acceleration and deceleration slopes)
– Waveform generation and timing settings
– Power supply sag/swell compensation
– Predictive current compensation
– Back EMF adjustment
– Stall detection
– Voltage regulation: MAX15062 high-efficiency voltage regulator
– Input voltage: 9-85 V
– Maximum output current: 10 A
For detailed specifications and all available purchasing options jump over to the official Crowd Supply website by following the link below.
Source: Crowd Supply
Latest Geeky Gadgets Deals
Disclosure: Some of our articles include affiliate links. If you buy something through one of these links, Geeky Gadgets may earn an affiliate commission. Learn more.