Sony has started rolling out the latest Android 4.4 KitKat for its budget-friendly Xperia E1 and E1 dual handsets, which comes with several new improvements and new features.
The latest update comes with KitKat goodies, such as white navigation bar, improve SMS capabilities, tweaked status bar and quick settings, and more.
Here’s a complete change log:
- Google’s Android 4.4; KitKat as standard – bringing performance & UI optimisation…
- We’ve added our tweaked Status Bar and Quick Settings… now more intuitive and customisable (and pretty easy on the eye)… cleaned up to ensure you only get the notifications you really need
- If you’ve got a Sony PlayStation 4, you might recognize our new user interface – we’ve added the same sleek launch animation and livewallpaper across the lock and home screens
- Better storage choice – you now have the option to easily move applications from internal memory to SD card – we recognised the need to have more control over your content… as something particularly useful for devices with slightly less space
- We’re also uplifting Sony’s entire native app portfolio to the latest versions – bringing tweaked / improved / current experiences for (to name but a few): Messaging, Smart Connect, TrackID, Sony Select, and Battery STAMINA Mode, Sony’s Media apps: WALKMAN, Album and Movies
- And proving pretty popular, now totaling over 2 million downloads (!) – our unique custom interface experience: “Xperia Themes”, with downloadable UI packs from Sony Select – skin up to 280 assets across your Xperia smartphone with a variety of styles…
The update is rolling out as we speak, and should reach the devices in the coming days. If you don’t see the update, you can manually check for the update by going to the settings app. The timing and availability may vary depending on the region and the carrier so don’t panic if you don’t see the update right away.
Source: SonyFiled Under: Android News, Top News