his week RED has teased an image of a new compact Komodo camera which may have a tie-in with the company’s Hydrogen phones. Unfortunately very few details have been revealed alongside the photograph company chief Jarred Land who tease the photograph has also revealed a few things that the camera is not.
“Between my Komodo Cfast photo last week and Jim’s reference in the Hydrogen thread there has been a ton of speculation of what Komodo is, and it sure is fun to watch imaginations run wild. I told everyone that I wouldn’t reveal Komodo until it was ready.. There still is a bunch of time before the first batch starts shipping towards the end of the year and everything can and probably will change. But in the spirit of discovery… perhaps I can still stay inside those rules and tell you what Komodo is not :)”
– It is not DSMC3
– It is not a replacement for DSMC2
– It is not 8k VV
– It is not a Dragon or a Helium or a Gemini or a Monstro Sensor
– It does not have an HDMI port
– It does not use proprietary media
– It is not a “module”
– It is not under $5k, unless you own a Hydrogen.
– It has no XLR ports
– It does not have a fixed lens
– It’s body does not weight more than 2 pounds.
– It is not larger than 4 inches in any dimension.
Source:Filed Under: Camera News, Top News