Red Dead Redemption 2 sales figures have now been unveiled by Rockstar Games for the launch of the new cowboy adventure which has “achieved the single-biggest opening weekend in the history of entertainment”. Generating over $725 million in worldwide sales in just the first three days after launch.
“Red Dead Redemption 2 is Rockstar’s first game built from the ground up for new generation hardware, and seamlessly blends gameplay and storytelling in a completely new way to deliver the experience of living as an outlaw in a notorious gang.”
Red Dead Redemption 2 is the second-highest grossing entertainment launch of all time next to Rockstar Games’ previously hugely popular game Grand Theft Auto V, which generated over $1 billion in retail sales in just three days. Red Dead Redemption 2’s list of initial benchmarks include:
– Biggest opening weekend in retail sell-through across all entertainment releases;
– Second biggest launch (three days) in retail sell-through across all entertainment releases;
– Biggest entertainment launch of 2018;
– Most pre-ordered full game ever on PlayStation Network;
– Biggest day one full game sales ever on PlayStation Network;
– Biggest first three days full game sales ever on PlayStation Network.
“Sony Interactive Entertainment (SIE) also confirmed that Red Dead Redemption 2 set new records on the PlayStation Network for highest ever pre-orders, highest day one sales and highest sales for the first three days in market. Rockstar Games has partnered with SIE to bring PlayStation 4 players first access to earn select online content in Red Dead Online that is planned to release this November.”
Source: RGFiled Under: Gaming News, Playstation, Top News, Xbox