Pi 2 Design has this week unveiled a new multifunctional Solid State Drive shield it has created for the awesome Raspberry Pi 2 computer that allows users to add up to 1 TB of extra solid state disk (SSD).
Together with wireless connectivity 802.11b/g/n, as well as Dual USB offering 5V @ 1A power, RTC with Battery Backup, on-board 20W Power Supply and temperature sensor.
Pi 2 Design explain a little more :
In addition to the mSATA SSD Socket (up to 1TB) the CSB502SSD provides key functionality to the Raspberry PI 2. This includes: 802.11b/g/n Wifi with Soft-AP support and u.FL jack for optimal antenna placement; Dual USB 2.0 with 1A power; On-Board wide-input (8V-24V) power supply delivers 20W (5V @ 4A) of power to all on-board peripherals and the Raspberry PI 2; Real Time Clock with removable battery back up insures proper time keeping even with spotty or no network access; finally, the Temperature Sensor with 64-bit ID allows the CSB502SSD to monitor the health of the SSD and provide a unique asset tag.
Specifications of the new Solid State Drive Shield for the Raspberry Pi 2 mini PC include :
– FORM FACTOR – Full Size Raspberry Pi 2 I/O Shield with 40-Pin mating connector. Stacking version is available upon request.
– USB PORTS – Two USB2.0 Type A for additional USB expansion.
– SSD – PL2571 Controller and mSATA Socket for up to 1TeraByte on-board Storage.
– WiFi – GWF-3M08 Module (Based on Ralink RT537) provides 802.11b/g/n for up to 150Mbps. On-Module IPEX connector allows for optimal antenna placement.
– RTC WITH BATTERY – DS1339 Real Time Clock with 16mm Coin Cell Backup and Programmable Alarm.
– TEMP SENSOR – 1-Wire DS18B20 Temperature Sensor mounted below SSD to monitor health of drive. Additionally the DS18B20 has a unique 64-Bit ID that can be used to identify the shield.
– ON-BOARD POWER SUPPLY – Wide-Input 5V @ 4A power supply powers all peripherals as well as the Raspberry Pi 2.
Source: Pi 2 Design
Latest Geeky Gadgets Deals
Disclosure: Some of our articles include affiliate links. If you buy something through one of these links, Geeky Gadgets may earn an affiliate commission. Learn more.