Sabrent has this week launched one of the first PCIe 4.0 SSD drives in the form of the Sabrent Rocket PCIe 4.0 NVMe 1TB SSD which is available in either 2 or 1 TB capacity is and is now available to purchase online from the likes of Amazon and other retailers.
SB-ROCKET-NVMe4-2TB 5000 MB/s 4400 MB/s – $429.99
SB-ROCKET-NVMe4-1TB 5000 MB/s 4400 MB/s – $229.99
Based on Toshiba’s BiCS4 96L TLC NAND Flash memory, the Sabrent 1TB Rocket Nvme PCIe 4. 0 M. 2 2280 Internal SSD Extreme Performance Solid State Drive (SB-ROCKET-NVMe4-1TB) delivers all the advantages of flash disk technology with PCIe Gen4. 0 x4 interface. Offering speeds of up to 5000 MB/s (read) and 4400 MB/s (write) when using a PCIe Gen4 motherboard.
“Using a PCIe Gen3 Motherboard Speeds will reach up to 3400 MB/s (read) and 3000 MB/s (write). Power consumption is much lower than traditional hard drives, making it the best embedded solution for new systems. The Sabrent 1TB Rocket Nvme PCIe 4. 0 M. 2 2280 Internal SSD was designed using PCIe 4. 0 which allows for speeds of up to 5000 MB/s (read) and 4400 MB/s (write), significantly faster than PCIe 3. 0.”
Features of the Sabrent Rocket PCIe 4.0 NVMe 1TB SSD include :
– NVMe M. 2 PCIe Gen4 x4 Interface
– PCIe 4. 0 Compliant / NVMe 1. 3 Compliant
– Power Management Support for APST / ASPM / L1. 2
– Supports SMART and TRIM commands
– Supports ONFi 2. 3, ONFi 3. 0, ONFi 3. 2 and ONFi 4. 0 interface
– Advanced Wear Leveling, Bad Block Management, Error Correction Code, and Over-Provision
– Upgradeable Firmware
– Package contents: 1TB Rocket Nvme PCIe 4. 0 M. 2 2280 SSD
Source: Tom’s Hardware
Latest Geeky Gadgets Deals
Disclosure: Some of our articles include affiliate links. If you buy something through one of these links, Geeky Gadgets may earn an affiliate commission. Learn about our Disclosure Policy.