If you’re interested in building your very own pocket DIY games console and emulator you may be interested to know that everything you need is now available as a bundle from Adafruit in the form of the Joy Bonnet Pack controller and Raspberry Pi Zero WH.
No soldering is required and the bundle is now available to purchase priced at $34.95 providing a plug-and-play project that can get you gaming in minutes rather than hours. The Adafruit handheld gaming bundle includes :
– Raspberry Pi Zero WH – the type of low-cost game-changing product Raspberry Pi’s known for – the super light, super lean microcomputer we’ve come to know and love, but now with built-in WiFi and pre-soldered GPIO header!
– Adafruit Joy Bonnet for Raspberry Pi – Pocket-sized fun! Works best with RetroPie/EmulationStation. On a Pi Zero we could emulate NES and MAME game (our favorites!) but other emulators that don’t require more than 1GHz speeds will work OK too. Fully assembled – no soldering required
– Adafruit Pi Zero Enclosure – Adafruit’s classic, sturdy plastic enclosure. Keeps your Pi Zero safe and you can plug the Bonnet on top
– USB OTG Host Cable – MicroB OTG male to A female 6″ – on-the-go USB A socket to MicroB plug
– Mini HDMI Plug to Standard HDMI Jack Adapter – A great way to convert any mini HDMI plug to a normal HDMI plug
For more details on purchasing options jump over to the official Adafruit online store by following the link below.
Source: AdafruitFiled Under: DIY Projects, Gaming News, Top News