If you are patiently waiting to get your hands on the new HTC Vive Focus stand-alone VR headset, you will be pleased to know that preorders will open in China on December 12th, 2017. Hopefully indicating that a worldwide release is edging a little bit closer. Priced at ¥4,299 for the Electric Blue VR headset and ¥3,999 for the finished Almond White Focus. The HTC Vive Focus includes world scale tracking offering 6 degrees of freedom thanks to its nine axis sensor and proximity sensing technology.
Features off the standalone VR headset include :
– Tracking Sensors: World-Scale tracking (inside-out 6-degree-of-freedom),9-axis sensors, proximity sensor
– Display: 3K AMOLED, resolution 2880 x 1600
– Refresh rate: 75 Hz
– FOV: 110 degrees
– Adjustable IPD: Supported
– Processor: Qualcomm Snapdragon 835
– Storage: MicroSD slot,up to 2TB MicroSD external memory
– For data and device charging: USB Type-C
– Audio input/output: Built-in microphones, built-in speakers, 3.5mm stereo audio jack
– Wireless: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, support to transmit contents to Miracast compatible devices
– Power and battery: Built-in rechargeable battery, QC3.0 fast charging, up to 3 hours of active use time, over one week standby time
Painting your dreams into reality – an immersive and interactive world built by inside-out 6DOF tracking we call “world-scale”, and high-resolution 3K AMOLED screen, rendering smooth close-ups, long shots, and intuitive spinning and jumping. Entering the world of VR is as easy as putting on the ergonomically designed headset with built-in water-repellent padding and instant-on. Save the hassle of connecting to your phone or computer, simply put on VIVE Focus and enter the world where you are free to wander. Explore a world built by dreamers in VIVEPORT, a rich library of VR content that extends your endless imagination and freedom.
For more information and preorder details jump over to the official HTC Vive website by following the link below.
Source: HTC Vive
Latest Geeky Gadgets Deals
Disclosure: Some of our articles include affiliate links. If you buy something through one of these links, Geeky Gadgets may earn an affiliate commission. Learn about our Disclosure Policy.