Hewlett-Packard has unveiled its second generation PC VR backpack at Computex 2019 this week in the form of the aptly named HP VR Backpack G2, which is equipped with an 8th Gen Intel Core i7 CPU and an Nvidia RTX 2080 GPU. Capable of providing a 30% performance improvement over the first generation system as well as a 25% faster graphics.
Features of the second-generation PC VR backpack designed to be used with Microsoft’s latest Windows 10 Pro operating system include:
– NVIDIA GeForceTM graphics paired with Intel CoreTM processors let you fly through VR work. And with ISV-certification for demanding apps like VRED and Revit, workflow integration is seamless.
– Super-smooth frame rates. Ultra-fast render times. The performance of NVIDIA GeForceTM graphics paired with Intel® CoreTM processors lets you fly through VR workloads. And with ISV-certification for the most demanding applications like VRED and Revit, workflow integration is seamless.
– We’ve optimized the design of our wearable PC for comfort and simplicity. With improved ergonomics, battery management and ease of movement, this is free-roam VR made easy.
– Intuitive. Instinctive. Immersive. We’ve optimized the design of our wearable PC to make it even more comfortable and simple to use. With improved ergonomics, battery management and ease of movement, it’s the most natural free-roam VR experience yet.
– Accelerate VR work. Dock for desktop-quality development. Throw on the backpack for quick reviews and iteration. Host fully immersive end-user experiences. All with one hybrid PC.
– Accelerate your VR work with this powerful hybrid PC. Dock for the full desktop PC experience to complete detailed design work. Untether to iterate at pace in free-roam review sessions and host fully immersive experiences.
HP will be making available the HP VR Backpack G2 during the summer months of 2019 priced at $3,299.
Latest Geeky Gadgets Deals
Disclosure: Some of our articles include affiliate links. If you buy something through one of these links, Geeky Gadgets may earn an affiliate commission. Learn more.