Google introduced a major update to its search app for iOS that brings several new features and improvements, making it more useful than before with version number 3.1.0. The search engine giant redesigned the UI with a simpler homepage with gestures to zoom in images, improved voiceover accessibility and a simple way to access other Google apps.
The new update allows users to set up reminders by just saying the task such as “remind me pay the internet bill this weekend or remind me to visit the job fair, etc. and Google will remind you at the time of reminder. In addition, it will keep on running in the background and remind you about your appointments, travelling dates and more. The app also includes new cards for things such as your boarding passes, car rentals reservation, list of upcoming events and more.
Here’s the complete change log for the Google Search v3.1.0.
Google Now gets even better with:
• Notifications – Get notified when it’s time to go
• Reminders – Never forget to put out the trash
• New cards – See tickets, boarding passes, & more
• Handsfree voice – Just say “OK Google” to search*
* requires iPhone 4s or later
Notifications deliver info before you open the app:
• When to leave for your next appointment or event
• If your flight is running late
• How to catch the last train home
Ask Google to remember things for you. Just say
• “Remind me to buy coffee beans at Starbucks,” or
• “Remind me to check out the fair this weekend”
and Google will remind you at the right time or place.
You can also ask to be reminded when your favorite:
• Musicians release a new album
• TV show has a new episode
• Actors star in a new movie
• Celebrities and politicians make headlines
Just search and press the “remind me” button.
New cards organize the info you care about:
• Tickets for movies, concerts and events
• Boarding passes for your flights
• Reservation confirmations for car rentals
• Warnings when your last train home leaves
• Lists of upcoming local events
And finally, search is better than ever with:
• A redesigned and simplified homepage
• Gestures to zoom or throw away images
• One touch sign in if you use other Google apps
• Improved voiceover accessibility
You can download the application using the source link below or by going to the App Store from your device.
Latest Geeky Gadgets Deals
Disclosure: Some of our articles include affiliate links. If you buy something through one of these links, Geeky Gadgets may earn an affiliate commission. Learn more.