Maker, hobbyist and developers involved in personal vehicle development are sure to be interested in a new development kit called FlexPV that has been developed and created by FlexLab Community.
The FlexPV system takes the form of an open source personal vehicle development kit, that has standardised the basic hardware and software, making it easy for anyone to make an electric vehicle, and remote control it using their smartphone or tablet.
FlexPV also allows you to modify existing vehicles to add electric power and remote control, FlexLab Community explains :
“The FlexPV app connects to the controller via Wi-Fi network. You can fully customize your FlexPV driving experience. The app gives you pre-defined ride modes, and allows you to set your own top speed and acceleration levels.
For more fun, the app enables you to Map your FlexPV path, compare to other FlexPVers and share to your friends. In the future, you will be able to access the community, checkout the amazing projects, events with your phone.”
FlexPV features include :
• Speed – 25Km/h /15.3MPH @ a 70 Kg load
• Distance – 15Km / 9.3Miles @ a 70 Kg load
• Maximum Load – 80 Kg per wheel
• Dual Output Channel – driving two wheels simultaneously (in same or different speed)
• Maximum Output Current – 70 A per channel
• 6-Axis GyroScope built in – provides possibility to make an auto balance car
• Both Speed control mode and Position control mode
• Close-Loop PID control
• Maximum Wi-Fi Distance – 15m/49ft
• Rated Voltage – 36V
• Battery Chemistry – Li-Ion
• Capacity – 6400mAH
• Continuous Discharge Current – 20A
• Maximum Charge Current – 5A
• Recommended Charge Current – 2A Cells – 20 pcs Panasonic NCR18650BD in 2 sets of parallel connection
• Recycle Number – 1000
• Charging Time – 2 hours @ 4A
• Weight – 1.08Kg
• Diameter – 4 inches / 102mm
• Net Weight – 1.4Kg
• Maximum Current – 17A
• Continuous Current – 6.7A
• Maximum Power – 350W
• Continuous Power – 200W
• Rated Voltage – 36V
• Maximum Torque – 5.5N.m
The FlexPV project is currently over on the Kickstarter crowd funding website looking to raise $20,000 in pledges to make the jump from concept to production.
So if you think FlexPV is something you could benefit from, visit the Kickstarter website now to make a pledge and help FlexPV become a reality.
Latest Geeky Gadgets Deals
Disclosure: Some of our articles include affiliate links. If you buy something through one of these links, Geeky Gadgets may earn an affiliate commission. Learn more.