If you are interested in building your very own DIY electric skateboard, or have a pet cat that enjoys taking it easy and skating its way around the house, you may be interested in the new DIY electric skateboard project published by Kim Pimmel. Kim created the electric skateboard for his cat and created a unique control system which accepts a cat treat to spark enthusiasm and get things rolling.
Kim explains more about the project and the build. “For the latest in my Pet Projects experiments, I built an electric skateboard for my cat to ride. Put a treat into the throttle lever, and she pulls it to get a snack and a boost! I’m a newbie to building skateboards, and want to thank commenters who have pointed that the longboard trucks are mounted backwards! So if you do try to build (you or your cat) a board with longboard trucks – don’t make the same mistake I did, and do some research first 🙂 .”
Components you will need to build your very own DIY electric skateboard include :
– Adafruit Feather M0
– Adafruit Feather Motor Wing
– Lipstick USB Battery Pack
– Tenergy 12V 2000mAh NiMH Battery Pack
– Orangatang Kegel 80 mm
– uxcell DC 12V 2000RPM Brushed Electric Motor 45mm
– XCSOURCE Pulleys And Motor + Belt + Bracket + Screw Tool Set
– Skateboard deck and trucks from local shop
– RuiLing 2-Pack Right Angle USB 3.0 Adapter
– Micro USB 2.0 A Male to Left Right 90 degree Angle Micro
– Misc scavenged / random parts from the studio
Latest Geeky Gadgets Deals
Disclosure: Some of our articles include affiliate links. If you buy something through one of these links, Geeky Gadgets may earn an affiliate commission. Learn about our Disclosure Policy.