If you already own a new Sony Xperia Z2 smartphone or tablet or HTC One M8 smartphone, you might be interested to know that the latest stable version of CyanogenMod 11 M9 is now available to download.
The latest stable version of CyanogenMod 11 M9 brings with it official support for Sony’s Xperia Z2, Xperia Z2 Tablet and the HTC One M8 and is now available to download.
The new update for CyanogenMod 11 was released yesterday and includes a number of new features, tweaks and enhancements as well as the new supported devices. The CyanogenMod 11 M9 build incorporates changes from June 31st 2014 through its branch date on Sunday July 27th 2014 explain it creators.
“This release marks the first ever (non-nightly) release for the Xperia Z2 ‘sirius’, Xperia Z2 Tablets ‘castor’ and the HTC One ‘m8′ – kudos to their maintainers and all the other maintainers that bring you these releases every month! As a reminder, the best way to help them continue to provide solid releases is to report bugs to our JIRA instance.”
For more information on the new CyanogenMod 11 M9 jump over to the official CyanogenMod website for details and download links. Full change log listed below:
– Themes support for additional UI elements
– Heads Up Notifications – Bug Fixes
– Lockscreen – Allow doubletap to sleep when using secure keyguard
– Torch – Improve performance
– Safe Headset Volume – prompt when interfering with 3rd party device (Jawbone, Square, etc)
– Center clock support
– Quick Settings – respect locale changes on additional tiles
– Proximity Wake-Up support – prevent accidental wake-up of device by checking to see if proximity sensor is blocked (eg. Device is in a bag or pocket).
– Spam notification filtering – Set notifications to auto-ignore based on content (perfect for those pesky games that want you to ‘Save 20% on our new game’). Long-press offending notification to set as ignored; manage in Privacy settings.
– Settings Search – Additional improvements and highlighting
– Data Usage Info – Add support for CDMA devices without sim cards
– Bluetooth – Add additional A2DP profiles
– Bluetooth – Disable AVRCP 1.5 by default (fixes various car unit compatibility)
– Email – Fix saving attachments to storage for POP3 accounts
– Translations (Thanks CM Crowdin Team!)
– Account for Play Services induced wake-locks
– Fix encryption on some LG Devices
– Dialer – add support for Korean and Chinese to smart-dialer