Anyone who enjoys building projects using the awesome Raspberry Pi mini PC and also enjoys a little down time playing games, may like to try their hand at building the awesome gaming system device created by Thingyverse user Jooxoe3i.
The Raspberry Pi portable handheld uses a 5 inch touchscreen together with a few short cables to connect everything together and offers a very compact device that has been very well thought and constructed.
Components used in the build include :
• watterott 5″ touch display
• short hdmi and micro-usb cable to connect the display-driver with the raspberry (both trimmed to length)
• alps 4-way navigation switch
• colored switches for A B X and Y (reichelt.de : “DT 6 RT”, “DT 6 BL”, “DT 6 GE”, “DT 6 GN”)
• tiny tactile switches (reichelt.de : “Taster 9302”)
• pieces of ~1mm diameter wire for the shoulder-button and rear-flap axle
• countersunk M3x10
• optional: self-threading screws to secure the switch-carriers and the tft bracket
For more information on the new Raspberry Pi portable handheld games console jump over to the Thingyverse website for details via the link below. For more details on Raspberry Pi displays and HATS jump over to our essential guide.
Latest Geeky Gadgets Deals
Disclosure: Some of our articles include affiliate links. If you buy something through one of these links, Geeky Gadgets may earn an affiliate commission. Learn about our Disclosure Policy.