Back in January, AT&T released the Android 4.3 Jelly Bean update for the Samsung Galaxy S4 active which brought a number of improvements and new features.
If you’re still rocking the ruggest AT&T Samsung Galaxy S4 Active, you be glad to find out AT&T is rolling out the Android 4.4 KitKat update for the handset that brings a number of new features on board.
The update an improved user interface with white status bar icons and navigation bars, full screen immersive mode, emoji support, camera access, integrated location menu and much more.
Here’s a complete change log provided by AT&T:
- Improved user interface with Android 4.4 KitKat: The latest version of Android includes enhancements such as re-styled status and navigation bars, a new full-screen-immersive mode, color emoji support, improved closed captioning support, stronger security and smarter power use.
- Enhanced music access: Full screen album art and media controls are available from the lock screen when listening to music.
- Camera access: The camera can also be accessed directly from the lock screen.
- Location menu: An integrated location menu enables users to easily activate GPS and share location details.
- Wireless printing: Integrated support for wireless printing available in enhanced settings.
- New sound controls: Set sound for specific Samsung applications in enhanced settings.
The update process is gradual so you may have to wait for some time before the update reaches your handset. You can also manually check for the update by heading to Settings > More > About Phone > Software updates. Let us know if you’ve received the update on your Galaxy S4 Active.