As well as releasing the new iOS 11.1 update for the iPhone and iPad, Apple also released a new update for the Apple Watch, watchOS 4.1. The update brings a range of new features to the Apple Watch and it also has some features which are specific to the new Apple Watch Series 3.
Included in the update is the ability to stream music from Apple Music or from your iCloud music library on the new Apple Watch over LTE. You can now also listen to live radio from Beats one and other stations with a new Radio App.
The new watchOS software update also includes some updates to Siri, which can now be used to find music to play and more. The update also fixes a number of bugs with the Apple Watch and comes with some performance improvements.
Here is a list of what is included in the update:
- Stream music on Apple Watch Series 3 with Apple Music or iCloud Music Library
- Listen to live radio on Beats 1, custom stations, and expert-curated stations with the new Radio app on Apple Watch Series 3
- Use Siri to find, discover, and play songs, playlists, or albums
- Sync fitness data with GymKit-enabled treadmills, ellipticals, stair steppers, and indoor bikes for more accurate distance, pace, and energy burn metrics
- Ability to disconnect from a WiFi network in Control Center for Apple Watch Series 3 (GPS + Cellular)
- Fixes an issue for Apple Watch Series 1 and later where Heart Rate notifications were delivered when the feature was not enabled
- Fixes an issue where some users did not receive Stand Reminders
- Resolves an issue where the current stand hour indicator did not appear for some users
- Resolves an issue that caused haptics to not be delivered for silent alarms
- Addresses an issue that prevented Apple Watch (1st generation) from charging for some users
- Resolves an issue where the Sunrise and Sunset complication would sometimes not appear
- Restores Mandarin as the default dictation language for China
The watchOS 4.1 software update is now available to download. The update can be installed from the Apple Watch app on your iPhone. You cna find out more details about the update over at Apple at the link below.
Source AppleFiled Under: Apple