Anyone searching for that perfect last mile transportation, may be interested in a new electric skateboard which has been designed by Lincoln Sell based in New Zealand.
The YikeBoard has been created to redefine the last mile transport and provides an easy to ride portable yet lightweight carbon fibre electric skateboard which is equipped with removable batteries and offers a wide variety of useful features.
Watch the demonstration video below to learn more about the YikeBoard which is taken to Kickstarter this week to raise the funds it requires to make the jump into production. Features include :
– Take your YikeBoard on the plane or wherever you go – Having IATA approved batteries enables you take the YikeBoard on the plane.
– Charge your mobile devices when they are low – charge directly from your YikeBoard or Battery
– Swap batteries to go further – a simple one touch latch unlocks the battery cover so you can remove and swap out fully charged battery packs at any time.
– Lightweight and portable – we have selected the lightest and strongest deck materials, incorporates a carry handle and made the truck shape comfortable so the YikeBoard is easy to carry.
– Simple to ride – we have optimized the steering geometry and board shape so the YikeBoard is simple to ride and master in both congested cities and urban streets.
– Security – you can protect your investment using the integrated motion sensor alarm
– Be seen and heard – permanent front and rear lighting as well as a loud horn ensures that people will move out of the way on congested paths
The YikeBoard is the first of three, brand new last mile transport products to be released over the next year, all using the same portable battery technology and all made from the very best carbon fiber materials. Now we offer you the best in customer focused features, with a simple to master, light weight electric skateboard. Our team is passionate about last mile transport, we brought you the award winning YikeBike, making the front page of TIME magazine and used in over 50 countries around the world. We have a proven history of delivering high quality innovative products.
Source: KickstarterFiled Under: Concepts & Design, Design News, Top News