Today Microsoft have released the new Xbox One April 1404 Update Preview for developers to put through its paces with a number of new features and enhancements.
Microsoft has also announced that this 1404 update or ‘the April update’ will differ from earlier previews and a number of the new features listed after the jump will be enabled outside of the console update.
The 1404 will run for a longer period than normal and the preview may consist of two or more releases explains Microsoft, with new features being added in later preview builds. New features arriving with the Xbox One April Update Preview include :
– Game and app saves and updates. A game save progress bar will show you the status of your game saves. You will also be able to easily tell what games and apps are being updated or have been updated recently.
– Friends improvements. Notifications will be added to see when favorites and friends sign in to Xbox Live. This actually was one of the most frequently requested features from the first preview wave and we made it a priority to include it in the April update. Also, friends who are in multiplayer will be identified in the friends list. We’ll also add the ability to view friends’ most popular apps.
– Blu-ray 50 Hz video output support for content recorded at 50 Hz will resolve video playback issues some Xbox Live members in Europe are experiencing.
– Kinect voice and motion improvements will continue to fine tune the quality and reliability of Xbox One commands.
– Improved GameDVR video quality through compression algorithm improvements.
– Updates to Xbox One device management to address issues controlling TVs, set top boxes, and receivers that our customers have reported.
– New audio settings to tune how much volume is lowered when Kinect is used in communications.