If you are in search for a data driven automotive in car camera system you might be interested in a new device that has been created called Waylens.
As soon as you start your vehicle the Waylens car camera system will automatically power up and comes with its own free companion application for Android and iOS devices that allows you to quickly and easily scan hours of footage to find the most interesting events.
The creators of Waylens explain a little more and have created a promotional video to explain its features and inspiration in more detail.
Features of Waylens include :
– Works with any vehicle with an OBD-II port. Most vehicles sold in the US after 1996 are mandated to have an OBD-II connector. Even some models older than 1996 work fine too. Verify your vehicle is supported.
– Pre-paired OBD-II connector and steering wheel remote.
– Advanced suite of internal sensors: 10 Hz GPS, 9 axis motion sensor (gyro, accelerometer, magnetometer), barometer.
– The Waylens OLED display doubles as a user customizable gauge, displaying any of the supported OBD-II codes in real time.
– Automatically overlay performance data on top of video.
– Data driven video search and editing makes your life easy.
– One touch video upload from the road (supported smartphone models only).
The Waylens car camera project is currently over on the Kickstarter crowd funding website looking to raise enough pledges to make the jump from concept to production.
So if you think Waylens is something you could benefit from, visit the Kickstarter website now to make a pledge and help Waylens become a reality.
Source: KickstarterFiled Under: Camera News, Concepts & Design, Top News