RLev based in London have created a new range of USB powered Tesla coils that can generate arcs from jest a 5 V connection. The company has designed uni-polar and bi-polar Tesla coils in different sizes, the arcs are safe to touch and perfect for educational purposes such as wireless energy transfer.
The USB Tesla coils are now available to backfire Kickstarter with pledges starting from £30 and delivery expected to take place during November 2017. Features and functionality include :
– The Tesla coil will have a internal power source which can be recharged for 30 – 60 minutes of operation with out have to be plugged in.
– Instead of having the USB cable hard wired, we want to use a micro USB connector, micro USB cable will be provide with the final product.
– We want to improve the high voltage insulation which will require unique shaped polymers which could be 3D printed.
– To lower the costs we would need to buy the components in bulk which will be possible with your support.
There are two output modes, low power and and full power.
– Uni-polar Tesla Coil – Max arc length 40mm
– Bi-polar Tesla Coil – Max arc length 45mm
– 75cm Uni-polar Tesla Coil – Max arc length 49mm
– 100cm Uni-polar Tesla Coil – Max arc length 51mm
– 130cm Uni-polar Tesla Coil – Max arc length 54mm
Visit the official Kickstarter campaign page via the link below for full details and all available pledges.