Gamers hoping to enjoy a little of the new and highly anticipated Rainbow Six Siege game may be disappointed to learn that Ubisoft has today announced that the open beta gameplay has been delayed.
Unfortunately there seems to be an issue currently delaying the rollout of the open beta gameplay but Ubisoft says that the issue is currently being fixed and will not affect the games official launch that is taking place next week.
Community manager Jax at Ubisoft explained within a forum post earlier today that :
What are the exact issues?
- Game sessions are not starting properly and we’ve encountered server issues, leading to failed connections. We’ve identified the root issue that was introduced after the Technical Test while fixing a separate aspect of the game. A fix is currently under test and will be deployed within the next few hours.
Are we seeing issues on the same platforms?
- Yes, all platforms are experiencing the same issues.
Why is it taking this much time to fix?
- We are going through a process to test and deploy fixes and this takes time to make sure we’re satisfied with the results.
What is the plan to fix this?
- Within the next few hours, we anticipate pushing the fix initially to Xbox One and then PC and PS4 as quickly as possible thereafter.
- Expect an update at 6PM EST on the current situation while several maintenances will occur during the day. Maintenance updates will be posted.
Is this going to be fixed for launch?
- Yes. This Open Beta will ensure the cleanest launch possible. Keep in mind that this beta is intended for this exact reason: find problems and troubleshoot them to ensure the most stable launch possible.
How come the Open Beta Technical Test had properly working servers and matchmaking and it’s not working now?
- We’ve identified the root issue that was introduced after the Technical Test while fixing a separate aspect of the game and is currently under test and will deployed within the next few hours.
What does this delay mean for the final release of the game?
We are confident the game will work as intended since the known issue will be fixed soon. Therefore the launch will not be impacted by this issue.
For more information jump over to the official Ubisoft forum via the link below.
Latest Geeky Gadgets Deals
Disclosure: Some of our articles include affiliate links. If you buy something through one of these links, Geeky Gadgets may earn an affiliate commission. Learn more.