A new piece of LED art has been created by Dylan Lovinger and Timothy O’Connor the form of the HyperCube which provides a “high-tech trans-dimensional, ultra-chromatic, hyper-luminous art” form for you to enjoy. Watch the demonstration video below to learn more about the unique creation which has already raised nearly £20,000 thanks to over 115 backers with still 27 days remaining on its crowdfunding campaign.
”We are offering two main sizes at 10″ and 15″. This measurement refers to the outside length of each side of the cube. The viewable length of the window itself is ~2″ smaller (8″ for the 10″ cube, 13″ for the 15″ cube). We don’t have a real 10″ HyperCube yet, but we’ve included a to-scale mockup below to give you an idea of the relative size.”
Features of the HyperCube include :
– Custom written, unique code to control the LEDs, with a variety of animations and color palettes. A high priority throughout the development process is increasing the quantity and complexity of light patterns.
– Control box with power switch and illuminated button for light pattern switching. The default mode auto switches between patterns. Button presses lock the mode in place if there’s one you particularly enjoy.
– The LEDs are bright and colour-saturated, rated to last for 10,000+ hours of continuous use. That means you could leave them on for over one year without having to worry about burn-out!
– The windows are semi-mirrored acrylic, lightweight and shatter-proof with optical qualities equal or superior to glass.
– An outer frame made from die-cast aluminium, anodised to give a sleek black finish.
– An inner frame constructed from high-durability injection moulded impact resistant polymer.
For a full list of all available pledges jump over to the official HyperCube campaign page by following the link below.
Latest Geeky Gadgets Deals
Disclosure: Some of our articles include affiliate links. If you buy something through one of these links, Geeky Gadgets may earn an affiliate commission. Learn more.