Streacom today announced the launch of a new toolless benchtable in the form of the BC1 Mini Chassis which follows the same design principles of the BC1 Open Benchtable.
The BC1 Mini Chassis will be available in three colour choices depending on your preference and has been specifically designed to address the needs of compact systems and Mini-ITX motherboards.
Shimon Simon, Head of Design and Manufacturing at Streacom explains :
Streacom has always had a keen focus on small form factor design so for us the BC1 Mini is a natural progression from the acclaimed BC1. We have taken all the great feature of the BC1 and packed them into an ultra-compact form that is perfect for ITX based platforms.”
Features and specifications of the BC1 Mini Chassis include :
– Ultra Portability. With only 900 grams packed into the size of a tablet of 8mm thinness, the BC1 Mini feature a carry-handle for an ultimate portability.
– All-in-One Integration. Main body integrates the legs, mounting brackets, standoffs and thumbscrews – everything you need to quickly set up an open rig.
– Toolless Design. The entire product uses thumbscrews : you won’t even need to bring a screwdriver with you. Motherboard standoffs include traditional and convenient pushpin options.
– True Versatility. Integrated extension support brackets accommodate fans and radiators in a variety of configurations.
– Native Small Form Factor Support. Supports Mini-ITX form factor motherboards, plus graphic cards up to 3 slots width in all sizes. Supports SFX and SFX-L form factor power supplies.
– Tradeshow Secure Lock. An integrated Kensington Lock that makes it ideally suited for showcasing and product demos at tradeshows and other public situations where theft could be an issue.
– BC1 Screw Kit Now Available. In addition to the release of the BC1 Mini, we are also releasing a screw kit for anyone who has misplaced their original screws or perhaps wants to add to their existing table. Set includes
• 7 x M3 thumbscrew
• 6 x 6#32 thumbscrew
• 4 x PCI & motherboard standoff
• 4 x Motherboard pushpin
• 2 x PCI screw & PCI hand nut
– The Open Benchtable Project. Another crucial aspect of the Open Benchtable project is that its design is open to third party developers of additional accessories. Started by HWBOT and OverClocking-TV and later joined by Streacom, the project will allow full access to the blueprints files of this final product revision, allowing third party developers to build accessories for all Open Benchtable products, modify and share their design improvements and more.