Smart Micro Optics based in Genoa, Italy have created a new smartphone microscope that can be used with any smartphone or tablet device to provide a detailed closer look at the world around you. DIPLE is capable of giving you 1000x magnification using your smartphone or tablet as a monitor, offering a truly unique viewing experience.
“Whether you use it for research, education, or just for fun, from the observation of microorganisms or cells to mineralogy and materials science, with DIPLE anyone can access the microworld in detail! Set up takes seconds – all you need to do is place your camera on the optical system. You can even take pictures and videos in HD!
To make sure that DIPLE is truly portable for exploration on the go, we have designed it to easily withstand being dropped – even from the third floor of a building (yes, we did the test!) Available in single or coupled lenses depending on the level of magnification required, such an advanced system has never been used for microscopy on smartphones. DIPLE provides an unprecedented quality of image for a budget microscope.”
Features of the smartphone microscope :
– LIGHT, COMPACT, AND PORTABLE: The whole DIPLE system can be taken anywhere. Measuring in at 17,6cm length, 10cm width and 4cm in height, it’s actually smaller than the box your smartphone came in!
– EXTREMELY POWERFUL: You can clearly see cells, details, even bacteria! Thanks to its great optical power, you can digitally zoom the image for achieving an overall MAGNIFICATION OF 1000X before getting any pixelation.
– OBJECTIVE LENS: Unlike other products, having the objective lens separate to the phone camera ensures an easier way to find the ideal focal distance, even for EXTRA THIN samples (e.g. blood cells). It also means that it does not depend on the shape of your phone, so it works with all types.
– IMMERSION MICROSCOPY: The flat surfaces of the magnifying objective lenses can work when immersed in transparent liquids.
– FILTERS: DIPLE can be expanded with filters for specific needs, as its design is derived from the “infinity corrected” microscopes.
– MODULAR: This means that you can upgrade your system in the future, getting new single spare parts, or use it for your own optical improvements.
– DURABLE: The innovative objective lens of DIPLE is made with metal, meaning the objective lens can drop from 10 meters (33 ft) without issue.
– NO FUSS: To keep set up as simple hassle free as possible, you don’t need to remove your phone / tablet case as you would with other products
– EXTRA-FINE REGULATION (SUB-MICRON) OF THE FOCAL DISTANCE. A purposefully designed mechanical system allows you to move toward or away from your sample with extreme precision, always obtaining the perfect focus.
– ORIGINAL DESIGN: The patent pending design is unique, you do not have to add or clamp anything to the body of your phone.
– CARRYING BOX: It’s not just a container, but a functional part of the product. It is the mechanical support for all the components when you are using the product.