Ardusimple based in Barcelona, Spain have created an affordable multiband RTK shield based on ZED-F9P called the simpleRTK2B. The developing team behind the new shield which is compatible with Arduino, STM32, Pixhawk and more explain a little about its inspiration and design.
“Until today, multiband RTK GPS/GNSS technology was expensive (5000€ per unit) and difficult to use. Thanks to u-blox technology and Ardusimple integration, this will be a thing from the past. simpleRTK2B is the first low-cost shield that supports a multi-constellation (GPS, GLONASS, BeiDou and Galileo) and multiband GNSS receiver including RTK functionality. It’s based on u-blox ZED-F9P module and is fully compatible as a shield with Arduino and STM32 Nucleo or as an external GNSS for Pixhawk autopilots.”
With simpleRTK2B you can:
– Evaluate ZED-F9P in a very simple way
– Get <3cm accuracy (1σ) with base-rover configuration or <10cm with SSR corrections
– Average position convergence time <10s
– Improved cm-level position availability in difficult scenarios (forests, buildings, …)
– Use it with your smartphone or computer (plug&play)
– Use it with your preferred prototyping boards (Arduino, STM32, …)
– Connect it to your Pixhawk autopilot
– Radio link flexibility: use our proven radios or any of your choice
– Raw GNSS measurements: use the data from the satellites without any post-processing
Ardusimple This week launched via Kickstarter to raise the required funds needed to take the design into production making pledges available from €56 or roughly £50. For more details, full specifications and a complete list of all available page options jump over to the official campaign page by following the link below.
If you enjoyed this article you are sure to enjoy how to build your very own Arduino wind speed meter or anemometer project which is easy to build with basic Arduino skills.
Latest Geeky Gadgets Deals
Disclosure: Some of our articles include affiliate links. If you buy something through one of these links, Geeky Gadgets may earn an affiliate commission. Learn about our Disclosure Policy.