Sometimes it is not always convenient to send a text message late at night or perhaps early in the morning when the recipient may be asleep. Thankfully there are a number of apps in ways that you can schedule text messages to be sent from iOS devices.
This quick guide will show you how to use Apple’s iOS automation is to schedule iPhone text message to be sent regularly in the future at a time of your choosing. There are also a number of iPhone applications available that will allow you to easily schedule iPhone text messages to send whenever you need to make sure you never miss out on that special occasion, business communication or seal that important deal.
Currently Apple doesn’t allow you to schedule a time for an iPhone text message to be sent. But if you are looking to send the same message at the same time every day, week or month you can set up an iPhone Automation using the official Apple Shortcuts app to do this.
Schedule a text message using Shortcuts app
This is a great method of sending text messages from your iPhone regularly at a certain time. It can also be used to send individual messages but you would need to delete the automation after the first message has been sent, or the app will continue to run, sending a message every time.
1. First open up the Shortcuts app on your iPhone
2. If you are never setup any automation is before click on the blue button labelled “Create Personal Automation“. If you already have automations set up click on the “+” symbol in the top right hand corner of your iPhone screen. If you would like to delete any previously created automations simply swipe left to delete.
3. From the “New Automation” list select the top option to set up a “Time of Day” this will be the time you would like to send the message.
4. Select the time of day you would like to send your message as well as the repeat option : Daily, Weekly or monthly. Then tap the “Next” Button in the top right hand corner.
5. Select “Send Message” from the suggestions provided by Apple underneath the “Add Action” button. If it is not listed simply click the “Add Action” and select “Send Message” or the contact you would like to send to if they are listed as a favorite in your contacts and click “Next“.
6. If you haven’t yet selected a recipient do so now by tapping the blue “Recipients” link. Then tap the blue “Message” link to type out your message will be sent in your scheduled event. Click “Next” to finalize this section.
7. Check everything is correct and make alterations as necessary. If all is correct tap “Done” in the top right and your automation is complete.
Your iMessage schedule text message will continue to send until you delete it by swiping left on the automation.
Text scheduling via third-party apps
If you would prefer to send single text messages from your iPhone scheduled for a single date only there are a number of third-party applications available from the App Store. A few of the more popular apps to schedule a text message on iPhone are listed below.
Each application provides its own take on scheduling iPhone text messages and although some apps are free to download they include in app purchases to add additional functionality to the iOS scheduling process. Check them out to see if any suit your needs in no particular order.
Latest Geeky Gadgets Deals
Disclosure: Some of our articles include affiliate links. If you buy something through one of these links, Geeky Gadgets may earn an affiliate commission. Learn about our Disclosure Policy.